Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The wandering begins

"Wandering but not lost" is a description given to one of my favourite fictional characters, Aragorn (from JRR Tolkien's, The Lord of the Rings). It is one of the many titles and descriptions of this man and king.  I understand the title to mean that though he looks like he is wandering without purpose or plan he is, in fact, not really as lost as he looks.  At times he is sure of his path even though others do not see it.  But, there are many moments that the path he follows is known only to something greater than himself.

The above is what my life feels like.  Sometimes I have had a course laid out before me that I am following.  I can be confident of where I am heading regardless of whether others see or misunderstand that path. There also times in a day, or in my life, that I do not know or comprehend fully the journey I am on.  But, somehow I know and trust that there is something greater than I directing or leading me.  Or, at the least, wandering with me.  I may wander, but I am not lost.

This blog is a record of my journey.  I hope to include not only what I, and my family, are doing now, but to include stories of my past and to share my hopes for the future.  Within this I will include what I see along the path - whether by words or pictures. I hope what I share and offer will encourage, enlighten, challenge, and maybe even make you laugh.  I invite you to wander along with me.

If you want to read about the journey I travelled with my son, Daniel, as he recovered from an IED explosion in Afghanistan I direct you to that blog at http://danielcwriley.blogspot.com  It is full of stories of sadness, joy, and a few really funny moments.

1 comment:

  1. Great choice for a blog title, and a fitting description. You actually kind-of look like Aragorn when you put the costume on....

    I look forward to following your blog and hearing about your journey. Remember you do not journey alone. You too, have a fellowship of friends.

    ReplyDelete